Friday 17th September to Sunday 3rd October
Thank you all for your continued support and commitment to the Festival over the past year during these very challenging and uncertain times that we have all been experiencing. It gives me great pleasure to inform you that we are making plans and we are very much hoping to be able to hold a Festival in September 2021, with in-person events.
The dates for this year will be from Friday 17th September to Sunday 3rd October 2021. Some of the event highlights include:
- Windsor Festival International String Competition – we are delighted this will now form part of the September Festival every other year; due to travel restrictions, this year it will be a virtual competition with all entrants submitting video recordings of their performances, but we would like to encourage an audience to join us and the panel of judges at the The Old Court for the Semi-Finals on Sunday 26th and Monday 27th September and for the Final of the competition on Friday 1st October.
- Talks on a variety of topics including Gyles Brandreth, speaking about his new book about Prince Philip, Philip, The Final Portrait and a Literary Tea at Coworth Park with Alexandra Shulman, speaking about her new book Clothes … and other things that matter.
- Concerts to celebrate local performers and returning favourites, including Quire Voices and Windsor and Eton Choral Society, Tenebrae and a celebration of young performers at Windsor Parish Church showcasing Berkshire Young Musicians of the Year 2020 and 2021 and Berkshire Young Singer of the Year 2021. Also, Voci at The Royal Chapel with music of Copland and other 20th Century American composers. We will also hold a concert in the State Apartments of Windsor Castle.
- We are thrilled to welcome to The Old Court Kadiatu Kanneh-Mason, the Mother of the renowned Kanneh-Mason musical family, often billed as Britain’s most musical family. They are seven siblings raised in Nottingham ranging in age from 11 to 24 years old and who all play either violin, piano or cello. Kadiatu will be here to discuss her book House of Music – Raising the Kanneh-Masons, two of the children will be performing.
- Walks include a Ghost Walk and Pub Walk with Brewery Tour.
All events will be bookable via the Windsor Festival website. I very much look forward to welcoming you all to this year’s long-awaited Festival.
With best wishes,