1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Windsor festival Society Limited is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Windsor Festival Society Limited complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes and may wish
- to communicate with you by letter or by email
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in keeping with our objectives
- To share personal data with Martin Denny Management Limited (MDM), in MDM’s capacity as managers of Festival events and administration. N.B.MDM has entered a non-disclosure agreement with The Windsor Festival Society Limited so that this personal data is not disclosed to third parties or used for any other purpose other than the objectives of Windsor Festival Society Limited.
- To share personal data with a ticket management company. N.B. any ticket management company used by The Windsor Festival Society Limited will be required to enter a non-disclosure agreement with The Windsor Festival Society Limited so that this personal data is not disclosed to third parties or used for any other purpose other than the objectives of Windsor Festival Society Limited.
- To administer the records of Ambassadors, Benefactors, Friends and other supporters
- To fundraise and promote the interests of The Windsor Festival Society Limited
- To manage our staff and volunteers
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications)
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services of the Windsor Festival Society Limited
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- We are legally obliged to retain Gift Aid documentation for 6 years from the last donation
- We rely upon your explicit consent so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about Festival Society events
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your donations and ticket applications
- Some processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations under employment, social security or social protection law
- Processing is carried out by the Windsor Festival Society for its charitable purpose provided:
- the processing relates to ticket applicants for Festival events, or former applicants, or supporters (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third parties (other than MDM or other ticket manager referred to above) without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with staff and volunteers in order to carry out Festival services service or for purposes connected with the Windsor Festival Society Limited. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data? We keep a name and address list of those who have asked to be informed of Festival events while these persons wish to be kept informed.
We keep data on Ambassadors, Benefactors, Friends and other supporters while their support continues and for 6 years after the support ceases.
We keep gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Windsor Festival Society Limited holds
- The right to request The Windsor Festival Society Limited to change any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Windsor Festival Society Limited to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time subject only to processing required by law
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means]
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the The Company Secretary at the The Windsor Festival Society Limited, Beaumont House, 28 Beaumont Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1JP.